What I need to do:
1.Thank the wonderful person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
2.Share 7 things about yourself.
3.Pass this award along to up to 15 recently discovered blogs.
1. Well, first and foremost, there is Miss. Fenny, over at The Crazy Rambler, who has become a dear friend via a contest I held over on Frugal Blog Make-Overs, if you can believe it! I was giving away blog re-designs and she won one! ;) I wasn't as much help as I would've liked to have been, as she uses WordPress and I, obviously, use Blogger, but still. We struck up a conversation. And the coolest thing about our friendship? She is halfway around the world, speaks several languages (and is totally fluent in English, had no idea it was not her native tongue for the longest time!!), is totally interesting and is super nice and super supportive! I heart her. :) So thank you Fenny, for thinking of me and giving me the award for The Versatile Blogger. I really appreciate it!
2. SEVEN things about myself?? That is a lot. Hmmmm
A. I have always wanted a tattoo. Of a phoenix. Not huge, but wrapped horizontally around my ribcage... Never more relevant in my life than now. And since working at Planet X Comics, I want a small Wonder Woman tattoo on the inside of my left wrist, so I can cover it if I want to ...however, I have been too chicken to do so before now. Not because of the needles. Not because of the pain (ok, a little because of the pain) but because of the permanency of it. Story of my life (as I'm going through a divorce!).
B. I want to write and draw my own comic. All. By. Myself. (which is, stupidly, how I try to do everything. I strain something every time.)
C. I dream of staying home with my kids and writing and drawing in a fabulously cozy, sun-filled space and making a lovely living for myself.
D. I've always wanted to be a part of a movie. I'm bossy enough to direct.
E. My family are all my BFF's. It's like I'm a fish out of water when I'm here in PA but as soon as I go home and my family (ok, and mad chaos) are around me, it's like I've slipped back into the water. I can breathe. I'm back with my tribe. People can make me laugh (and vice versa) almost without trying. Everything we do is connected to a memory.
F. Patience might be a virtue, but it's not one I possess.
G. I can draw pretty well.
Now, passing it on to up to 15 other bloggers?? That's a lot!! I have to run up and get my son's birthday supplies (cuz hey, I don't procrastinate or anything!) so I'll try for 5, ok?
1. Untypically Jia. Hilarious. Like, milk-is-coming-out-of-my-nose hilarious. Like desk slapping, Imma gonna pee my pants hilarious.
2. Blog.SpoonGraphics Chock-full of handy info, inspirations and awesome tutorials. It is my new absolute fave place to get lost in!!
3. Copyblogger. Ok, totally not recently discovered, but how about recently RE-discovered? I read what comes in my inbox. Every.Day. They do not put out crap, ever. It's all worth reading!
4. Fresh Fiction. I read (free) books and review them for Fresh Fiction. They also have a blog component which I'm just getting acquainted with. (I know, don't end a sentence with a preposition but look, you, I have to leave soon!! Give me a freaken break, ok??) Don't ever complain about not knowing what to read next with this extensive blog at your fingertips!
5. Siostra: a la Carte Marketing. Ok, so this is blatant self promotion!! I tried graphic design once before but found my technical skills lacking. Now that I've got 1 year of art school under my belt and experience, I am psyched to try again, this time with my sister Kate, a professional writing major.
Thanks again Fenny for the award!!